Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Not this time....

I'm back home but without the dog. Shy Girl was as sweet as could be and I could have easily brought her home but......there were some issues. The shelter that had her does not do any vaccinating, testing, spaying or use preventatives (heartworm, flea, etc). It was so tempting to bring her home and I almost did but I started thinking what I could be getting myself into. For all I know I could end up with a pregnant, heartworm positive dog with worms that needed a fortune in medical care. If we weren't still paying off Domi's medical bills and I didn't have Stella who I refuse to take the risk of infecting with anything, I might have gone for it just to get her out of there and know that she would be in a good home.

We are still thinking about Kiedis and Kitty (if only we could agree on one) and I will keep looking around. There isn't a rush for us.

9 comments:

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

keep us posted! i know this weighs heavy on your heart

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

You have to know...

And you WILL know...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What Khyra said. If it doesn't feel right, then it isn't. When the time is right, you will truly know.

Lots of hugs, the OP Pack

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

You will know when it is right.. Hugs GJ x

Scout and Freyja said...

I totally understand your caution about infecting your other pooch. How about contacting a rescue in your area to explain about the issues you are concerned about. Maybe they will be able to help financially.

Raising Addie said...

We can't imagine how hard it was leaving there without her.

We have our paws crossed that you will receive the sign that you are looking for.

Lots of luv & Kisses
Addie, Lucie and Hailey

Anonymous said...

Just had an idea. How about contacting a Border Collie Rescue in your area, tell them about this dog and explain the help you need in order to adopt. They may be able to help or give you some great ideas.

Teddy Westlife said...

You'll know, the second you see your next dog. You'll just know.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Thanks so much for the heads up about the two labs. I got the notice from a friend of mine (she didn't know they had been adopted, either) and got so worried about them. I was ready to take them in and then rehome them on my own.

How's the search going for the new family member?