Thursday, July 31, 2008

Chemo

I had my 4th chemo treatment this morning. They said that the tumor is now exactly half the size that it was when we started the treatments. And Dr. Lucroy said it's "squishy". That's a good thing, by the way. So just 2 more treatments and then hopefully it will be gone.

For those of you who might be curious, the drug that they are using on me is Carboplatin. Its one of the mildest chemo drugs as far as side effects. If the tumor hadn't shown any shrinkage, we would have had to use a stronger one. Fortunately, its working.

I'm at work with my girl now. I love all the people in the office. They always have time to pet me and sometimes I go out with some of them for little walks. I've also gotten to munch on some animal crackers. Yummy! I've been showing off my therapy dog tag too. Some people wish I could come to work everyday. Petting a soft, furry dog is very healthy. Do you know that studies have shown that petting me can lower your blood pressure? I would go to work with my girl just to be guaranteed of 2 car rides a day.

I still need to write about becoming a therapy dog but that will have to wait until later.

No comments: